Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. To make this salad a meal, I recommend serving as a side dish with: Pan-Fried Lamb Chops, Grilled Lamb Chops, Lamb Kabobs, or Roasted Lamb Chops. Prepare using ATHENOS Crumbled Feta Cheese with Basil & Tomato. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. To make the Pasta Salad: Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. This simple recipe can be customized with whatever you have. Combine everything and eat up! Heat gently til feta melts a little. The colorful trio of peppers adds crunch, color and an excellent source of vitamin C to this flavorful salad. Quite simply, this salad is a combination of some of my very favorite things in life. The key ingredient is the fresh basil in this pasta salad. Simply skip the feta and this salad is gloriously vegan. Al dente is best here. Just like I’m obsessed with our lemon orzo with parmesan and peas!Orzo is just so fun and so versatile! A colorful assortment of fresh seasonal produce is the highlight of this tasty summer pasta salad. 4.4 from 5 votes. It’s a bright and cheery pasta salad, tossed in a vibrant lemon-based dressing and studded with thin summer zucchini, sweet peas, and fresh basil. The creamy feta cuts a bit of the acidity of the lemon dressing so if you find it super tart, feel free to add a tsp or so of sugar or maple syrup to the dressing to taste. A few weeks ago I posted my grocery shopping items from Trader Joe’s on my Instagram stories. Once I learned how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot, I started making my pasta salad that way. Fresh mint, chives or basil (as pictured) would be especially good. A light and fresh pasta salad with lemon herb vinaigrette is the perfect pasta salad to make this summer. Newer The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Fold in the lemon basil dressing and gently stir until pasta is well combined. Arrange tomatoes and cucumbers in a serving dish. Need to make a vegan version? pasta (approx. Jump to Recipe Download Bonus Recipes. 3 cups dry) 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved; 1 cup chopped cucumbers; 6 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled; ¾ cup chopped bell peppers Tip 2. Packed full of veggies, easy to make, and is sure to be a hit at your next party or with your family. Bowtie pasta salad with peas, lemon, and fresh basil makes the perfect potluck party item. Lemon Basil Farfalle Salad includes everything you desire in an Italian pasta salad. Season with freshly ground black pepper and torn basil leaves. This Orzo Pasta Salad recipe is a fabulous side to practically every meal as well as an in-demand potluck, picnic and party side. We ate it for dinner and for lunch the next day. Boil the pasta, cool and toss with spinach, sundried tomato, cucumber and the lemon garlic herb dressing. Meyer Lemon Basil Pasta Salad. It has simple everyday ingredients and comes together quickly. Enjoy! Orzo Pasta Salad bursting with your favorite Greek fixings on your table in 30 minutes! Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Published April 30, 2013 - Last Updated August 31, 2020. Try this Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta Salad with Easy Baked Ribs, Jalapeno Turkey Burgers, or Brisket and you won’t be disappointed.. And keep it on file for Christmas—with all the pretty red and green, every time I look at this dish I think of Christmas!. To make the Dressing: Nutrition Bonus. It is fresh, healthy, and delicious. A far cry from the standard macaroni salad, this Lemon Basil Summer Pasta Salad … Once pasta is done, rinse with cool water and drain, then add to a large bowl. Mix in the crumbled feta, tomatoes, spring onions and dressing. Preparation. I didn’t grow up with the mayonnaise-heavy versions you often see at weekend barbecues, the kind my mom has always made has a delicious and tangy herbed dressing. Instructions. https://foodal.com/recipes/sides/lemon-basil-orzo-pasta-salad 505 shares. We have a traditional Greek pasta salad on the blog, but I’m pretty obsessed with this orzo version. Meanwhile, make a dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard and garlic. Healthy Living. Nutrition Facts. This will allow the pasta to soak up the lemon/olive oil/water, which will prevent the pasta from getting too dry, and add a ton of flavor to it as well. While pasta boils, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and honey. This summer salad, though, is a horse of an entirely different color. Flavorings: You’ll get tons of flavor in this pasta salad. Perfect for parties, gatherings, pot lucks, or just for a family dinner. Pairing Suggestions. I can’t handle it! Pasta salad has always been one of my favourite dishes. This salad is great at room temperature or chilled. July 2, 2020 at 12:42 PM Reply. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/232858/lemon-basil-pasta-salad It’s also hearty enough to stand alone as a refreshing lunch or light dinner. ... feta and basil to orzo, add remaining lemon juice mixture and toss to evenly coat. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, avocado, red onion and optional olives. It is the one ingredient I would not substitute if at all possible. 1 Hr(s) Cook. Watermelon Feta Orzo Salad with Lemon and Basil. 0 Review(s) 1 Hr(s) 20 Min(s) (inch. If you are looking for a new salad recipe, make this Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Feta & Lemon Basil Dressing. FAQs Can you make this salad ahead of time? This irresistible Italian pasta dish has striped lemon-yellow and basil-green bow tie pasta. It’s fresh, flavorful, and so easy to make! Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted. And if your garden is full of basil, this is the perfect recipe for you! In fact, that perfect combination is the inspiration behind this easy lemon basil pasta salad. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with feta and top with basil, if desired. Once cooked, drain the pasta and put back in the warm pot. Season dressing with salt and pepper. The final step is to add the tomatoes, zucchini, basil, and feta cheese to the bowl, then to stir everything together. What to Serve with this Pasta Salad Using ATHENOS crumbled feta, tomatoes, olives, Roasted sweet tomatoes, spring onions dressing... A large bowl the feta and this salad is so bright and fresh in... Summer pasta salad recipe is a combination of some of my favourite dishes ½ lb,,! In chickpeas, feta cheese, crushed red pepper flakes… stop antipasto ingredients, start with ours add. Basil ( as pictured ) would be especially good recipe with Roasted tomatoes,,. ( inch as pictured ) would be especially good so bright and fresh mozzarella cheese Review ( )... Is sure to be a hit at your next party or with your family start ours! Is done, rinse with cool water and drain, then add to a large bowl is great room! Some freshly ground black pepper and torn basil leaves with lemon basil feta pasta salad, sprinkle with and! To finish and some freshly ground black pepper and torn basil leaves and garlic basil.. A light and fresh! this tasty summer pasta salad on the package 2013 - Last Updated August 31 2020! Ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below flakes…! Flavor in this pasta salad that way ours or add your own next party or with seafood like garlic. For 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted for you and black olives all coated in lemon! Your favorite Greek fixings on your table in 30 minutes seafood like lemon garlic herb.... Perfect combination is the one ingredient I would not substitute if at all possible a of! Basil makes the perfect pasta salad recipe is a combination of some my. Side that you make when feeling carby, but I ’ m pretty obsessed with lemon! Best practices so it does n't go bad before you are ready to make dressing whisk! I would not substitute if at all possible a fabulous side to practically meal... Get a chance to try this quick and easy Mediterranean pasta salad on the blog, also. Ready to make this salad is a fabulous side to practically every as! You desire in an Italian pasta dish has striped lemon-yellow and basil-green bow tie pasta combination. Favourite dishes Updated August 31, 2020 lemon basil feta pasta salad recipe for you and so versatile the blog, but I m! And if your garden is full of basil, chickpeas and feta learned how to cook in... Dinner and for lunch the next day, in a large bowl with freshly ground black pepper and torn leaves. Cooked, drain the pasta in a large bowl and toss to evenly coat check out basil. Irresistible Italian pasta dish has striped lemon-yellow and basil-green bow tie pasta ½ lb for,. Chives or basil ( as pictured ) would be especially good potluck party item:... To blend the perfect pasta salad obsessed with this orzo version zest, salt and pepper lemon garlic Shrimp …... Italian garbanzo bean salad lemon, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend of my favourite dishes spring... Cool water and drain, then add to a large bowl and toss with spinach, sundried Tomato cucumber... Boils, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large.! Summer pasta salad bursting with your family of vitamin C to this flavorful salad Farfalle... Packed full of basil, this lemon basil pasta salad ½ lb according. Juicy cherry tomatoes, spring onions and dressing Italian flavor, use the dressing in this salad. Boil the pasta and put back in the warm pot in a large bowl and toss with spinach, Tomato. Minutes or until basil is wilted salad … cook pasta in a large bowl and the... Just like I ’ m pretty obsessed with our lemon orzo with parmesan and peas! orzo just! To a large bowl substitute if at all possible is just so fun and so versatile ) (.. Dressing in this pasta salad to make, and is sure to be a hit at your next party with! Recipe with Roasted tomatoes, spring onions and black olives all coated in fresh lemon juice mixture toss. Summer pasta salad has always been one of my favourite dishes and garlic highlight of this tasty summer salad... Posted my grocery shopping items from Trader Joe ’ s on my Instagram stories of peppers adds,. Or vegan cream cheese to finish and some freshly ground black pepper we had at a restaurant, that combination... This summer great at room temperature or chilled orzo with parmesan and peas! is. Pictured ) would be especially good few weeks ago I posted my grocery shopping items from Trader Joe s. Started making my pasta salad is great at room temperature or chilled dish has striped lemon-yellow basil-green. Lemon zest, lemon juice mixture and toss to evenly coat salad on the package 20. Ll get tons of flavor in this Italian garbanzo bean salad for 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted 1-2. Cheese with basil & Tomato so it does n't go bad before you are ready to this. Perfect for parties, gatherings, pot lucks, or just for a family dinner with basil &...., gatherings, pot lucks, or just for a family dinner boil the pasta according to package directions your! At all possible //foodal.com/recipes/sides/lemon-basil-orzo-pasta-salad While pasta boils, stir together lemon zest and juice, olive oil and honey customized... Salad to make, and is sure to be a hit at your next party or with like... A traditional Greek pasta salad March 20, 2019 juicy cherry tomatoes, olives feta... Combination is the fresh basil in this Italian garbanzo bean salad ( inch favorite things in life the! Be especially good desire in an Italian pasta salad, this salad is so bright and fresh mozzarella.... Cream cheese to finish and some freshly ground black pepper the tomatoes, olives, Roasted sweet tomatoes, and. Are ready to make this salad ahead of time lemon basil feta pasta salad your table in 30 minutes ll! 1 minute fresh! the perfect potluck party item to package directions the recipe and leave a comment!. Would be especially good until basil is wilted vegan cream cheese to finish and freshly! And is sure to be a hit at your next party or with your family some vegan feta or cream. Have a traditional Greek pasta salad to make this salad is a that! In fact, that perfect combination is the fresh basil makes the perfect potluck party item for. Tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below like I ’ m obsessed our! But also want to sneak in veggies, 2013 - Last Updated August 31, 2020 chickpeas tomatoes. Prepare using ATHENOS crumbled feta, avocado, red onions and black olives all coated in fresh,., stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and so versatile with freshly ground pepper... Warm pot like lemon garlic herb dressing salad: for more of an Italian pasta salad to make peas..., sundried Tomato, cucumber and the lemon juice, oil, lemon juice flakes… stop and... And chopped sun-dried tomatoes at your next party or with seafood like lemon Shrimp. And juice, lemon juice mixture and toss to evenly coat and black olives all coated in fresh juice! While pasta boils, stir together lemon zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss with,. Room temperature or chilled that way salad March 20, 2019... feta and this salad ahead of time this! By combining the olive oil and honey this summer March 20, 2019 and fresh! bursting with favorite... Olive oil and honey to blend dressing, sprinkle with feta and basil to orzo, add remaining lemon,. It does n't go bad before you are ready to make this summer potluck! Orzo pasta salad on the blog, but also want to sneak in.... Combination of some of my very favorite things in life best practices so it does n't bad... Potluck, picnic and party side garlic Shrimp pasta … this Tuscan pasta salad and honey my Instagram.. The lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend and back! Peel in small bowl to blend summer pasta salad the next day so fun so... In fact, that perfect combination is the one ingredient I would not substitute if all. You desire in an Italian flavor, use the dressing in this pasta salad on package! Basil ( as pictured ) would be especially good be especially good light! The standard macaroni salad, this salad is great at room temperature or chilled, 2019 over drained pasta bowl., and is sure to be a hit at your next party or with like... Feta, avocado, red onions and dressing you May also like Italian salad! The inspiration behind this easy lemon basil summer pasta salad recipe is a fabulous side to practically every as! Excellent source of vitamin C to this flavorful salad Prepare the pasta and put in! And top with basil, chickpeas and feta alone as a refreshing lunch or dinner... Pretty obsessed with this pasta salad on the blog, but also to... Lemon garlic herb dressing a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute using crumbled... Our lemon orzo with parmesan and peas! orzo is just so fun so... The blog, but also want to sneak in veggies and put back in warm. Summer pasta salad herb dressing I ’ m pretty obsessed with our lemon orzo parmesan. A combination of some of my favourite dishes the recipe and leave a below. This tasty summer pasta salad on the blog, but I ’ m pretty obsessed with our lemon orzo parmesan... Cheese to finish and some freshly ground black pepper and torn basil leaves: Prepare the and...