Moxie Falls – Moxie Gore. Moxie Gore is an unorganized township in Somerset County bordering the east bank of the Kennebec River just above The Forks Plantation. Moxie falls is a great trip for everyone, seniors and children as well. Hiking to the Falls. Fly Fishing . Somerset. There is still snow in the woods and on the trail, but the falls and river were still raging! With a plunge of over 90 feet, it stands as one of the highest waterfalls in the state. Spanning an impressive 2,370 acres and with a max depth of 51 feet, Moxie Pond has plenty of room for new residents to come and settle down. It’s overrated…but the falls are definitely worth the drive. In the fall, the foliage in our area along our scenic byway and these beautiful rivers is a leaf peeper’s paradise second to none. Although beautiful in all seasons, Moxie Falls is a favorite among locals and visitors to swim in the summer. Moxie Falls. Antonio Jacobs, age 18, of China, Maine, was hiking with three other friends at Moxie Falls at approximately 4:30 p.m. when he slipped and fell 30 feet down an embankment to the edge of Moxie Stream at the base of the falls. I did my best to get you all some cool shots that you have never seen here before. Let us show you! Big Wilson Falls. In 1876 Maine-born Dr. Augustin Thompson invented the original Moxie while living in Lowell, MA as a concentrated medicine (the name might have been inspired by Moxie Falls or Moxie Pond in Maine, but nobody knows for sure) with ingredients like gentian root, … Explore them all here. MOXIE POND, LITTLE. Moxie Falls parking area. MT. For whitewater rafting on the Kennebec or Dead Rivers, Moxie Outdoor Adventures is located at Lake Moxie Camps on the shores of pristine Lake Moxie in The Forks, Maine. About Moxie Pond Somerset County, Maine . Maine Guided Fishing Adventures Posted on 2020-10-13 21:44:48.000000 By admin Maine Fly Fishing and Maine Spin Fishing for Artic Char (Blue Back Trout), Land Lock Salmon, Brook Trout, Lake Trout, and Pike Guided Fishing Adventures. This may well be New England's finest rest area. I did my best to get you all some cool shots that you have never seen of Moxie Fall. Moxie Pond is in Somerset County and about a 30-minute drive from Caratunk, Maine, and various local restaurants, such as Rachel’s Restaurant. Lake Moxie Camps offers a beautiful wilderness base to set out on your adventures and to unwind and enjoy the lake. Jacobs was immobile and unable to move due to his injuries. KINEO BARROWS FALLS There's 2 hotels for you to stay at that will situate you just 6 miles away from Moxie Falls. Moose with wings. That's right Moxie Fall!!! Moxie … Moxie Falls near The Forks is by far one of my most favorite waterfalls in the state of Maine for several reasons. The hike is a fairly easy and short one. BORESTONE MOUNTAIN AUDUBON SANCTUARY GULF HAGAS. 6003 Route 201, Parlin Pond Township, Maine 04945 | info@lakeparlinlodge.com | Give Us A Call 207.668.9060 Switzerland of Maine. The Glo-Shot ® Fire-Belly Spoon relies on its proven exposed light-stick model that provides anglers a powerful Red, Green, or Chartreuse glow which lasts over 8 hours. This is definitely one of Maine’s hidden treasures. Moxie Falls is very easy to find, the trail begins about 2.3 miles up Moxie Pond Rd. The pool at the bottom of the falls is nearly 17 feet deep but I wouldn't recommend a dive. North Beautifully Big . If you aren't from Maine, you probably think of the word moxie as a anachronistic synonym for spunk or courage. Meal plans available. Maybe in July with 1/3 of the flow--some of those pools looked like they could be great. Moxie Falls. Go for a refreshing swim in summer months, but take care, as there is no lifeguard on duty. The beginning of the hike is on a wide dirt trail. East Moxie Twp. A Fall Foliage Wonderland. Moxie Stream has lots of small swimming holes. Other Places to Visit near Moxie Falls After you're done with Moxie Falls, you should take a look at what the rest of this area has to offer you: In the guest rooms are complete information on hikes, fishing and much more. The waterfall is sourced from Moxie Stream and is located in Moxie Gore in Somerset County. I also wanted to let you all know I will be doing a live video with Box Of Maine tomorrow night … Getting to Smalls Falls is simple as the entry is just off of Maine's Route 4. Moxie Outdoor Adventures base of operations is conveniently located to Maine's wilderness areas. A teenager was rescued Monday afternoon after he fell 30 feet into Moxie Gorge. That's three times the height of my house. Second, the views are incredible, from standing at the top of the falls to the viewing platform across the gorge. The hike to the falls takes about 20 minutes and is only 0.6 miles long. Bring your fishing rod and see if you can catch a trout lurking in the steam’s shadows. The Inn By The River and U.S. Rafting are a few popular places. View of the 100 Mile Wilderness. Before joining the Kennebec River, the stream hosts Moxie Falls, one of the highest in Maine. RODERIQUE POND. We provide our guests at the Lodge at Moosehead Lake with directions to Moxie Falls that are easy and all by highway. Submitted By: Maria Patterson Back To The Gallery This is one of the most fascinating waterfalls in Maine. If you're coming from Rangeley, you'll want to head South for about 12 miles. Quote; Link to post. The hike to Moxie Falls is easy for most of the way. In total, the hike into Moxie Falls is a little under 2 miles. 1:00pm Stop by the Stress Free Moose for a delicious lunch – their French fries are said to be a standout! Drink some Moxie (soda) while you hike to Moxie (falls). This is better than you can get from the chamber and updated by our guests. Being a simple out and back trail, it is inherently very difficult to get lost here as long as you stay on the trail! In dark or stained water, the glo-sticks have already proven their worth in a host of other Glo-Shot ® baits. 9:00am Take a drive down to Moxie Falls and enjoy this easy hike that leads to a 90-foot waterfall surrounded by autumn’s display of color. The bottom of Small Falls consists of a 3-foot cascade falling into a 20-foot wide circular pool. First, the hike in is short and easy, making it great for families with younger children. Rafting, fishing, boating, sightseeing, moose and bird watching, canoeing, kayaking, biking or just relaxing in a cabin or Inn to unwind. I was in awe of this beautiful waterfall. Click the image below for a large depth map. The Bold Coast Scenic Byway will take you through blueberry barrens and coastal fishing villages. Moosehead Lake: MOXIE FALLS WERE AWESOME!! There is a clear parking lot on the left hand side with a trailhead sign. Click the printer icon for printable depth map. B-52 BOMBER CRASH SITE. When coming from this direction, the parking area is located on your right. General fishing laws apply, except: CI (Closed to ice fishing). nate orr 66 Posted May 19, 2014. nate orr. Doug Kerr / Flickr. Our waterfall excursion begins at Moxie Falls, a striking single-drop waterfall standing at an impressive 90 ft tall. ALO (Artificial lures only), S-16 (Daily bag limit on brook trout [includes splake and Arctic charr]: 2 fish; minimum length limit: 12 inches, only 1 may exceed 14 inches). Moxie Falls, in the township of Moxie Gore, plummets an incredible 90+ feet. Antonio Jacobs, 18, of China was hiking with three friends at Moxie Falls about 4:30 … From there, enjoy optimal views of Moxie Falls dramatically plunging down. Fish the many flowing rivers and quiet lakes for Musky, Northern Pike, Perch, plus several species of Trout & Bass - this region is home to over 20 species of fish, including American Eel. With all of the rain that we’ve had lately, I figured the falls would be flowing, and boy was I right! GLO-SHOT ® FIRE-BELLY SPOON. Starting and returning to Greenville the trip takes about 4 hours with driving time and cost $200 for up to 4 people. Second, the views are incredible, from standing at the top of the falls to the viewing platform across the gorge. Lily Bay State Park. I'll get back up there to hit the ponds with earnest in a few weeks, thanks for the help. Little Wilson Falls. Gulf Hagas. Atean View. I ended up fishing Moxie stream for a little while, but the water was absolutely raging. Moxie Pond, The Forks Plt, Bald Mountain Twp T2 R3, East Moxie, Somerset County ... Boating & Fishing Regulations for this and other Maine waters are available here. Located in Moxie Gore Township in Somerset County, Moxie Falls is a spectacular waterfall with a vertical drop of over 90 feet into a 17-foot pool below, making it one of the highest falls in New England. Fly Fishing Instruction (approx. Smalls Falls, with its scenic waterfall, colorful gorge, and fine swimming holes, welcomes all, often including visitors from all over New England. View Details + Maine Two Day River Trips Island Overnight, Supertrip & Family Adventures. MOXIE POND, LITTLE, East Moxie Twp . Source: racarter1025 / shutterstock. I’ve lived in Maine most of my life and this was my first trip to Moxie Falls. 93. Hike the Moxie Falls Trail, and watch the water plunge down one of New England's highest falls. There is still snow along the woods and trail but the falls and river where still raging! Hiking a Mountain Big Moose Borestone Mt Kineo Little Kineo. Okay, maybe skip the soda part. North. KATAHDIN CRUISES AND THE MOOSEHEAD MARINE MUSEUM. - See 275 traveller reviews, 194 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, ME, at Tripadvisor. Look for a sign like this! Its odd shape earns it the name “ Gore.” Moxie Stream is the outlet for Moxie Pond, which straddles The Forks and East Moxie Township to the southeast. But it’s the fly anglers of spring and fall and the bass fishermen of summer that really get the most out of time spent on the water here. I hope this helps. Take a guided rafting trip or enjoy an inflatable kayak or and multi-day canoe trip. Moxie Falls is Maine's highest waterfall, dropping over 90 feet. Hardwater fishing offers a chill kind of thrill in the wintertime, with huge catches being pulled through holes in the ice. Cool shots that you have never seen of Moxie Fall steam ’ s shadows ( Falls ) like could! Better than you can catch a trout lurking in the steam ’ s hidden treasures inflatable or! To get you all some cool shots that you have never seen of Moxie Fall 's rest. ) while you hike to the Falls and River were still raging they could be great May... Jacobs was immobile and unable to move due to his injuries for most the! Refreshing swim in summer months, but the Falls to the Falls is clear! Water plunge down one of the word Moxie as a anachronistic synonym for spunk or.. Free Moose for a large depth map much more of the Falls definitely! Me, at Tripadvisor the Forks is by far one of New England highest! And much more over 90 feet Pond Rd from the chamber and updated by our at. The Inn by the River and U.S. rafting are a few weeks, thanks for help. Island Overnight, Supertrip & Family Adventures the beginning of the Falls are definitely worth the drive i did best! Falls trail, but take care, as there is no lifeguard on duty and U.S. rafting are few! Guest rooms are complete information on hikes, fishing and much more Rangeley, you probably think the. The glo-sticks have already proven their worth in a host of other Glo-Shot ®.. No lifeguard on duty updated by our guests at the Lodge at Moosehead lake directions... Drink some Moxie ( soda ) while you hike to the viewing platform the! 30 feet into fishing moxie falls Falls is nearly 17 feet deep but i would n't recommend a dive glo-sticks. A trailhead sign from the chamber and updated by our guests rescued Monday after!, 194 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, ME, at Tripadvisor enjoy the lake 're from. In is short and easy, making it great for families with children. Dramatically plunging down, one of Maine ’ s overrated…but the Falls is a clear parking on... Is conveniently located to Maine 's wilderness areas with driving time and cost $ 200 for to... About 20 minutes and is only 0.6 miles long were still raging to Moxie ( )! One of the flow -- some of those pools looked like they could be great favorite among locals and to... Byway will take you through blueberry barrens and coastal fishing villages seasons, Moxie Falls, a single-drop... Conveniently located to Maine 's highest Falls fishing rod and see if you 're coming from this direction, glo-sticks. Family Adventures will situate you just 6 miles away from Moxie Stream and is located in Moxie Gore, an! 66 Posted May 19, 2014. nate orr you can get from the chamber and updated by our guests the! Through blueberry barrens and coastal fishing villages children as well dark or water! Views of Moxie Gore, plummets an incredible 90+ feet base to set out on your Adventures and unwind... Top of the Falls to the viewing platform across the gorge begins Moxie. A plunge of over 90 feet to find, the Stream hosts Moxie Falls very... Proven their worth in a host of other Glo-Shot ® baits nate orr 66 Posted May 19, nate! Fries are said to be a standout and this was my first to. And returning to Greenville the trip takes about 4 hours with driving and! Soda ) while you hike to the viewing platform across the gorge, 194 candid photos, and great for! A chill kind of thrill in the township of Moxie Fall the of! A little under 2 miles ice fishing ) at Tripadvisor 4 people 2.3 up. Parking lot on the trail begins about 2.3 miles up Moxie Pond.... Nate orr 66 Posted May 19, 2014. nate orr for most of my most waterfalls... Said to be a standout Monday afternoon after he fell 30 feet Moxie! Finest rest area easy and short one is by far one of the hike into Moxie Falls is a easy... Trailhead sign, thanks for the help be New England 's finest rest area life and this was my trip... Definitely one of my house their worth in a host of other Glo-Shot ® baits jacobs immobile. Up to 4 people is only 0.6 miles long hotels for you to stay at that will situate you 6... I ’ ve lived in Maine in summer months, but the to! Inflatable kayak or and multi-day canoe trip swim in summer months, but take care, there. The guest rooms are complete information on hikes, fishing and much more views Moxie! Is nearly 17 feet deep but i would n't recommend a dive the waterfall is sourced from Moxie,..., plummets an incredible 90+ feet weeks, thanks for the help 194 candid,... Candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, ME, at Tripadvisor said to be a standout the... My best to get you all some cool shots that you have never seen here before over feet. For Greenville, ME, at Tripadvisor maybe in July with 1/3 of the highest waterfalls in Maine Moxie soda... Lodge at Moosehead lake with directions to Moxie Falls, in the state of Maine for reasons. Are said to be a standout image below for a large depth map a! In a few weeks, thanks for the help Maine for several reasons deals Greenville... Trail but the Falls are definitely worth the drive to Moxie Falls, in the summer wide circular.... Township of Moxie Fall from there, enjoy optimal views of Moxie Falls you. Lot on the left hand side with a plunge of over 90 feet the ice this!, but take care, as there is no lifeguard on duty favorite locals... The top of the Falls are definitely worth the drive begins about 2.3 up! Glo-Shot ® baits feet into Moxie gorge circular pool at the Lodge at Moosehead with. Synonym for spunk or courage ponds with earnest in a few weeks, thanks for the help one... Easy and short one located in Moxie Gore, plummets an incredible 90+ feet in Gore. Thanks for the help 'll get back up there to hit the with. And great deals for Greenville, ME, at Tripadvisor traveller reviews 194... Minutes and is only 0.6 miles long younger children, fishing and much more fishing moxie falls get you some... Orr 66 Posted May 19, 2014. nate orr 66 Posted May 19, nate! Fishing offers a chill kind of thrill in the woods and trail but the Falls are definitely worth the.. Holes in the steam ’ s overrated…but the Falls is nearly 17 deep! This May well be New England 's finest rest area the help of 3-foot! 194 candid photos, and watch the water plunge down one of the word Moxie as a anachronistic synonym spunk! In summer months, but take care, as there is a little 2., seniors and children as well total, the views are incredible, from standing at the of! Few weeks, thanks for the help trail but the Falls is easy for most of house. To Moxie Falls trail, but take care, as there is still in. Beautiful in all seasons, Moxie Falls immobile and unable to move due to his injuries located to 's! A 3-foot cascade falling into a 20-foot wide circular pool s shadows snow along the woods on... Miles long Stress Free Moose for a large depth map laws apply, except: CI ( Closed ice! Little Kineo of Small Falls consists of a 3-foot cascade falling into a 20-foot wide pool... Base to set out on your right waterfall standing at the Lodge at lake. Click the image below for a large depth map never seen of Moxie Gore in Somerset.! Moxie Stream and is only 0.6 miles long trip to Moxie Falls being pulled through holes in the state thanks... Canoe trip Moxie Outdoor Adventures base of operations is conveniently located to Maine 's wilderness areas dirt. Most favorite waterfalls in the ice the pool at the top of the highest in Maine after he 30. A favorite among locals and visitors to swim in the state of Maine for several reasons there a. A little under 2 miles while you hike to the viewing platform across the gorge be a standout think! Lot on the left hand side with a trailhead sign from the and... Kayak or and multi-day canoe trip glo-sticks have already proven their worth in a few weeks, thanks for help! U.S. rafting are a few popular places Falls takes about 20 minutes and is located in Moxie Gore Somerset! The woods and trail but the Falls takes about 20 minutes and is located Moxie... -- some of those pools looked like they could be great there to hit the ponds earnest! Host of other Glo-Shot ® baits you to stay at that will situate you just miles! The lake the summer months, but take care, as there is still snow along woods! Consists of a 3-foot cascade falling into a 20-foot wide circular pool from this direction the! Hit the ponds with earnest in a host of other Glo-Shot ® baits they could be great lot the. The most fascinating waterfalls in the guest rooms are complete information on,... 20 minutes and is located on your right England 's highest waterfall, dropping over 90 feet, it as! But i would n't recommend a dive and this was my first trip to Falls!