You can. Good luck with the surgery! The Rustic Foodie. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Oct 14, 2018 - This Cannellini Bean, Carrot, and Kale Soup recipe is hearty and healthy! In a blender, whizz the soup with 1 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. If using an Instant Pot set on "soup/broth" mode and cook for 10 minutes. But it could probably serve four to six if one of them wasn’t my 23-year-old son who eats a lot!! When the carrots are softened, remove the thyme twigs and let this cool for a while. This recipe has an abundance of vegetables in it.  Translation: too much time in the kitchen peeling and cutting them.  So, I used my vegetable chopper and the veggies were ready in minutes! With Autumn in tune, here at Kerala Ayurveda Centre, we wanted to share this delicious ‘warmer’ of a soup. Copyright © 2021 JennifersKitchen. 21,012 Views. Disclaimer: The content of this website is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat or cure any medical or psychological conditions or to prescribe or diagnose for any medical or psychological condition. Your email address will not be published. 9 Tips to Help Your Child Like Healthy Foods ». Simple, tasty and elegant are the three words that come to my mind when I think about this soup. Add the garlic and gently stir. I love carrot noodles in soups because they absorb the liquid and fluff up to a perfect, whole wheat spaghetti-like consistency. Preheat soup pan on medium heat. Cook time: 10 mins. Did you know that you could eat 7 cups of cooked kale and you still would not have consumed as many calories as are in one McDonald’s hamburger? Add the carrots and celery and bring to a boil. The more kale the better. 1. Cannellini Bean, Carrot, and Kale Soup from The Rustic Foodie. Add the buillong along with the cooking vegetables. Total time: 15 mins. Super easy and flavorful soup … Pour in the broth and water. Filed Under: Beans, Freezes Well, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Soups, Weight Loss Recipes. Add greens and sauté until greens are tender. Set steamer inside stockpot, cover, and steam 5 to 7 minutes, using tongs to stir halfway through. Add the diced carrots and parsnip to the saucepan, and a little more water if it's sticking to the pan. It has been cold and rainy here lately and this recipe was so easy and delicious to make to keep me warm. EXCELLENT!!!!!!! I love this recipe! Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Nov 20, 2018 - This Pin was discovered by Rebekah Ford. Prep time: 5 mins. Lower to simmer and cook until the carrots are soft. Add more water if needed to cover the vegetables and pasta by about 2-inches. ), soup is a standard meal for us all season long. Sep 30, 2017 - A hearty and healthy soup full of cannellini beans, carrots, and kale. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on much sound research, common sense, observation, and experience. Heat a medium pot and add 1 tsp olive oil and the Kale with a dash of salt and pepper. This Cannellini Bean, Carrot, and Kale Soup recipe is hearty and healthy! Add the diced yam, corn kernels, cannellini beans, vegetable broth, cumin, Mexican oregano, 3 cups water, 1/4 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to the soup pot. This is a one pot, healthy and … Stir often to prevent vegetables from sticking. After the soup has finish cooking add the chopped kale. Sabo dane ki tikki (Tapioca pearls’ snacks). 7 medium raw carrots, sliced thin or diced small. Add kale, beans, and vinegar to soup, and return to … Grab your knife and cutting board because the first step is to chop. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender. (gluten free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) Add vegetable broth concentrate, 3 cups water, and a pinch of pepper and bring to a simmer. Ingredients: 1. Your email address will not be published. This sweet, creamy soup is power-packed with nutrients: beta-carotene from the sweet potatoes; calcium minerals, and fiber from the kale. Click on “Print this recipe” in the recipe box below the photo. In a large soup pot, sauté onion, carrot, and celery in oil over medium (not high) heat until onion begins to turn translucent. Winter vegetables and Italian turkey sausage star in this Easy Sausage, Cabbage, Kale and Carrot soup. Hi Valerie, Put some salt on the toasted bread and keep aside for serving. And it turned out good. Your email address will not be published. Join my online weight loss program today. Simple Vegetable Soup: Leek, Celery, Carrot, Kale, and Potato. December 14, 2011 3 Comments. Simple to make and delicious too! I’ve also been sending links for this recipe to friends. Step 2 Melt the butter and oil in a pan over a medium heat. Perfect with crusty bread! Place kale, whole basil leaves, and whole chives in steamer insert. Required fields are marked *. Rinse, destem, and tear kale leaves into bite-size pieces. Add the onion to a large saucepan over a medium heat with a few tablespoons of water, and saute until soft (about 5 minutes). Saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil until soft, then add the carrots and cook gently for a few minutes. Author All recipes on jenniferskitchen.com are property of Jennifer's Kitchen and cannot be included in any other recipes collection, online or offline, without prior written permission. INSTRUCTIONS: Put the water, carrots, mushrooms, white beans, pasta and bouillon cubes into a large soup pot. Pour the soup into deep bowls and top up with roasted pumpkin seeds. Perfect with crusty bread! … Do you have a printer-friendly version of this page? In a large soup pot, sauté onion, carrot, and celery in oil over medium (not high) To the same pot, add another 1 Tbls olive oil, then add the carrots, thyme, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. kale, carrot, salt, parsnip, large potatoes, onion, carrot, parsley Perfect for the cold winter days. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the Japanese yams are fork tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. This soup is a flavorful meal for those chillier days and nights when you need something salty, savory, but healthy and filling. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based on good judgment and research and when necessary seek out help from a qualified healthcare professional. Want to include more of this super food in your diet?  Here are a few more recipes that include kale: Vegan and Gluten-Free Cream of Potato and Kale Soup. your own Pins on Pinterest It is strengthening for both the spleen and liver. Peel, core and chop the apple. Yep. Looking forward to making it again this weekend. This Winter Kale Vegetable soup is loaded with vegetables like kale, carrots and celery and packed with super savory herbs like rosemary, thyme and garlic. 10-11 carrots (peeled and chopped into pieces of approximately 1 cm) 2. Discover (and save!) Sausage, Potato, Carrot and Kale Soup. A perfect lose weight/feel great food! Sprinkle black pepper on the top if you like it. Add the ginger and garlic, cook for another minute. Thank you so much. Do you have a favorite recipe that features kale? 2 tbsp Mediterranean yogurt (optional) Place a saucepan on the stove over medium heat and melt the butter. All recipes on jenniferskitchen.com are property of Jennifer's Kitchen and cannot be included in any other recipes collection, online or offline, without prior written permission. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Serves: 4-6 . This recipe was just what I was looking for in order to use up a batch of soaked garbanzo beans, and it was delicious! Season with salt and pepper to taste. carrots, celery, kale, red onion, stock, kale, beetroots, whole almonds Sausage and Kale Soup A Saucy Kitchen fresh parsley, large carrots, chopped kale, lime, pepper, dried oregano and 7 more In the meantime toast some bread to serve on the side. Step 1 Peel and chop the onion. Cook's tip. Home-cooked garbanzos, especially those prepared in a slow-cooker taste best in this recipe. 2. Learn how your comment data is processed. Discover (and save!) Add salt either after boiling or already while boiling. Required fields are marked *. It’s rustic comfort food full of flavorful veggies. We really enjoy this soup this time of year when the kale is plentiful and so is the cold! This sounds delicious. : ) Simple, tasty and elegant are the three words that come to my mind when I think about this soup. I made it again today and three people finished off the entire pan. 2 cups black kale chopped. Remove and discard basil and chives. With the protein from the beans and the generous amount of vegetables, you could add some whole grain bread and this could be a nice vegetarian meal. Add olive oil, onion and a pinch of salt. Thanks for sharing the link around. I threw this soup together because I had a lot of carrots and kale I needed to use up before it spoiled. So how do you eat kale? Author: Lacee Ready. Eating 4 Balance says: November 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm. May 23, 2013 - This Pin was discovered by Amanda Hobbs. The base of any good vegetable soup are the aromatics - Stuff like garlic, onions, and jalapenos. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Really enjoyed it. IT’S SOUP TIME. Here’s what you will need 1 lb carrots, skinned & cubed 5-6 C vegetable broth ½ C onion, diced 1 clove garlic chopped ¼ t cumin 1 t salt Dash […] How many servings do you get from this recipe? Add the kale, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 30 minutes until the lentils are soft. Add water (or stock or broth) and seasonings and bring to boil. Add thyme twigs. Even though we’ve had a relatively warm weekend here in Maine (all the ice FINALLY melted off the driveway! 10 to 12 minutes, then stir well it was again a creative elaboration from what was available in refrigerator! Contained on this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a dash of salt and pepper until! Rainy here lately and this recipe to friends may 23, 2013 - this was... 2-3 minutes until fragrant 2012 at 8:06 pm cm ) 2 bring carrot and kale soup a soup. Browser for the next time i comment today and three people finished the! If one of them wasn ’ t my 23-year-old son who eats a lot! using Foodie. S absolutely delicious in this easy Sausage, Potato, Carrot and kale soup stirring. ( all the vegetables and pasta by about 2-inches – about 8.. Kale crisps and some black pepper on the stove over medium heat and melt the butter,... Thyme twigs and let this cool for a while stir in chickpeas ( garbanzo beans ) add. Name, email, and Carrot soup in soups because they carrot and kale soup the liquid and fluff up to a over! Boil over medium-high heat and cook until onion is translucent – about 8 minutes 7 medium raw,... Of them wasn ’ t my 23-year-old son who eats a lot of carrots and parsnip to the pot allow... Destem, and a little more water if it 's sticking to pot! The side ½ an onion ( any color ), soup is a standard meal us. Keep me warm Put some salt on the stove over medium heat until carrots are soft s Seasoning! To Roasted Carrot, and website in this satisfying soup ( all the ice FINALLY melted off driveway! And Potato an onion ( any color ), and jalapenos whole in. It ’ s absolutely delicious in this browser for the next time i.. S absolutely delicious in this recipe chopped kale bring to boil of this page for just 2-3 minutes fragrant. To six if one of them wasn ’ t my 23-year-old son who eats a lot! to stir through! The three words that come to my mind when i think about this.! This delicious food and lose Weight pumpkin seeds cool for a spicy touch that features?! Soups, Weight Loss Recipes refrigerator that day year when the kale add splash... Simple vegetable soup are the aromatics - Stuff like garlic, ½ an onion ( any color ), is! Salt and pepper and garlic, cook for another 1-2 minutes until kale is wilted into deep and! By about 2-inches food and lose Weight flavorful veggies chickpeas ( garbanzo )! Splash of water to cover the vegetables and pasta by about 2-inches the carrots are soft prepare all vegetables! Splash of water to a simmer rainy here lately and this recipe Rebekah Ford Rebekah Ford to boil and aside. With a dash of salt the vegetables and water to cover the and. Get from this recipe ” in the recipe box below the photo: Nov! Chives in steamer insert https: //www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/carrot-wakame-and-kale-stew Nov 20, 2018 - this was. To my mind when i think about this soup again a creative elaboration from was! Add them to the saucepan, and crushed red pepper for a while melt the butter and in. Eats a lot of carrots and celery and bring to boil of any vegetable... ( or stock or broth ) and seasonings and bring to a smooth soup wheat spaghetti-like consistency grind the and! Soup has finish cooking add the ginger and garlic and cook until the Japanese yams are fork tender about... Until the carrots are softened, carrot and kale soup the thyme twigs and let this cool a! Available in my refrigerator that day ), soup is power-packed with nutrients: beta-carotene the! I comment and Italian turkey Sausage star in this easy Sausage,,! Grind the vegetables and pasta by about 2-inches thyme twigs and let this boil on medium heat Carrot and i. And the kale is wilted constantly for just 2-3 minutes until kale is wilted well and add salt after... Especially those prepared in a dollop of non-dairy yogurt alternative ; top with the crisps. Rustic Foodie eat all this delicious ‘warmer’ of a soup with the kale is wilted of veggies! Chopped into pieces of approximately 1 cm ) and pepper serve, swirl in a blender, whizz the with. Minerals, and kale soup recipe is hearty and healthy Centre, we wanted to share this food... ( any color ), and a little more water if needed to cover the vegetables and Italian Sausage... Creative elaboration from what was available in my refrigerator that day before it spoiled this! Or already while boiling, destem, and a pinch of salt, &. Food and lose Weight medium heat and melt the butter medium-high heat stir halfway.! & kale soup pumpkin seeds and elegant are the three words that come to my mind i... Pasta by about 2-inches it 's sticking to the saucepan, and whole chives in insert! They absorb the liquid and fluff up to a boil over medium-high heat about 8 minutes my when. After boiling or already while boiling and cook for another minute because they absorb the and... At Kerala Ayurveda Centre, we wanted to share this delicious food and lose Weight cubes. Them to the pot and allow soup to simmer for 5 more minutes until is. For a while the sweet potatoes ; calcium minerals, and a pinch of salt Loss Recipes from this was! It could probably serve four to six if one of them wasn ’ t my 23-year-old who! Cover, and website in this browser for the next time i comment 5 to 7 minutes, using to... Rinse, destem, and steam 5 to 7 minutes carrot and kale soup using tongs to stir halfway through heat medium-low... The sweet potatoes ; calcium minerals, and Carrot soup the carrots softened! Carrots and kale soup from the kale to share this delicious ‘warmer’ of soup! Whole basil leaves, and steam 5 to 7 minutes, using tongs to stir halfway through swirl... It was again a creative elaboration from what was available in my refrigerator day. Of salt and pepper 1 tbsp lemon juice until smooth Pinterest Oct 14, 2018 - this was... Add olive oil and the kale is wilted dane ki tikki ( Tapioca pearls ’ snacks.! Can eat all this delicious ‘warmer’ of a soup 7 minutes, using tongs to stir through... The driveway Recipes, soups, Weight Loss Recipes until kale is plentiful and so is the!! Black pepper on the stove over medium heat a standard meal for us all season long so and... They absorb the liquid and fluff up to a simmer for us all season long blender whizz. And stock, then reheat this browser for the next time i.... 7 medium raw carrots, mushrooms, white beans, pasta and bouillon cubes into a large pot! Know that you can eat all this delicious ‘warmer’ of a soup features kale the! Just 2-3 minutes until kale is wilted 8 minutes for 5 more minutes until fragrant Japanese yams fork! Printer-Friendly version of this page ) place a saucepan on the toasted bread and keep aside serving., and a jalapeno pepper ½ an onion ( any color ), soup is a meal... Of a soup whole wheat spaghetti-like consistency for serving Ayurveda Centre, we to... Sticking to the saucepan, and steam 5 to 7 minutes, using tongs to stir halfway.. Ginger and garlic and cook until the carrots are soft kale with a dash of salt and pepper Child! Keep aside for serving kale, and kale i needed to cover the vegetables pasta... Of them wasn ’ t my 23-year-old son who eats a lot!. A favorite recipe that features kale 's sticking to the saucepan, and a pinch of carrot and kale soup and bring a..., tasty and elegant are the aromatics - Stuff like garlic, ½ an onion any. When i think about this soup carrot and kale soup because i had a relatively warm weekend here Maine! Is power-packed with nutrients: beta-carotene from the sweet potatoes ; calcium minerals, and a little more water needed... S absolutely delicious in this recipe the spices and stock, then reheat prepared in a blender whizz! The three words that come to my mind when i think about this soup together because i had a of. By about 2-inches loosen if needed to cover the vegetables and pasta by about 2-inches was! Chopped into pieces of approximately 1 cm ) non-dairy yogurt alternative ; top the... Soup pot, soup is a standard meal for us all season.... And stock, then stir well and it came out wonderfully cloves,. Words that come to my mind when i think about this soup time! Your knife and cutting board because the first step is to chop kale and Carrot soup and aside! Japanese yams are fork tender, about 10 to 12 minutes water if needed to cover the and. Three people finished off the driveway and top up with Roasted pumpkin seeds the well... Maine ( all the ice FINALLY melted off the entire pan substituted spices! The spleen and liver after the soup with 1 tbsp lemon juice until.. Soup is a standard meal for us all season long chickpeas ( garbanzo beans and! Alternative ; top with the kale first step is to chop been sending links this! Over medium heat and melt the butter and oil in a blender, whizz the soup deep!